Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Lucky!

I know this may seem kind-of silly, but our dog turned one-year old on April 26th and the kids really wanted to celebrate his birthday.   So, for his first birthday, we had a little celebration.   Erika and I made him home-made dog biscuits from a kids cookbook.  We wrapped him a little gift and sang happy birthday to him.  Then, after the "celebration", he got to finish off a big ham bone from the Sunday dinner a few days before.  (His favorite part).  I doubt this will be a yearly thing, but it was fun for this time.  Having a dog has definitely been a different experience for me than I thought it would be.  I guess it's different from the perspective of "the mom" vs a child who simply plays with it and doesn't have to train it or do much to take care of it besides give it lots of love.  It has been a lot harder for me than I remember it as a child.  I have found I have less patience with him, and less time for him with all the other demands on my time.   But, I know the kids love him and have fun with him and that was the main reason we got him.  He can be a little stinker at times but he is also very cute- lucky him.



1 comment:

  1. Super cute! My girls always remember our dog's birthday and give him a bone. It is different when you are the mom but if you've hung in there this long with him it'll get better. Thank goodness puppies turn into dogs! Ha!

    ReplyDelete