Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My husband- the outdoorsman!

Aaron after fishing up near Challis, ID


Well, since we just celebrated father's day,  I wanted to focus for a few minutes on my amazing husband.  I am so thankful to have him in my life.  Aaron is a great dad.  He helps out with the kids as much as possible and tries to teach them by example and precept.   He also takes the time to play and have fun with them, something I don't always do enough.

Showing off his catch for the kids (The fish is about as big as Heidi!)


I believe that in order to be a good father, one must first be a good husband, as this has such a huge impact on the kids.   Aaron is such a wonderful man- everything I could ever want as a companion and best friend.   He sees the best in me and helps me to be a better person.  He has so many qualities that make me want to be better.   He is a happy person, hard-working, thoughtful and appreciative of me.  He is always striving to learn more and to be better.  I am thankful for how hard he works for our family.  He is very goal- oriented and when he puts his mind to a task, he doesn't stop until it gets done.    He also likes to have fun.  We have a little motto in our family- "we work hard and we play hard."  I am grateful we can have fun as a family.

Aaron also had a thirst for gospel knowledge and I am thankful for all he is able to share with me and our children.  I don't know how I got so lucky, but I know I did and I am so grateful.  Thanks Aaron, for being a great husband and father.  I hope you know how much we love you!!  


Aaron and my dad hunting for cow elk this last January.








2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute!!
    Great pix...now you can back up those "fish stories" with proof.
    We love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all your comments- They tell me that you are checking up on us and interested in our lives. They help motivate me to keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete