Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Michel Reunion at Strawberry

swimming in the lake-  Heidi, Aaron, Kyle, Amber, Gentry, Erika, Oma.


July 15-17th we headed up to the cabin at Strawberry Reservoir for a fun weekend.  This reunion included my dad's parents (Oma and Opa Michel) and all their children- my uncles, aunts, and cousins.  It was pretty crowded so we stayed in our tent trailer just outside the cabin.  The weather was perfect and we enjoyed swimming and boating in the lake as well as riding horses and motorcycles.

Kyle "helping" daddy drive the boat



 The last day of the trip was my birthday and one of the best gifts I got this year was my dad taking me on a horseback ride up into the mountains early that morning.  My aunt Eva came too and it was really nice.  I have missed riding.  My dad doesn't usually bring the horses up to the cabin because there really isn't anywhere to keep them, but he did it this time just for me and it meant a lot to me.  The kids had fun playing with my cousin Gentry and my cousin Malia's kids Dalton and Savannah.   It was good to see everyone again and to catch up.

Erika and Gentry riding Dusty (Leading them is my cousin Karl who also has the same birthday as me,  just a few years later.)


Me and Heidi riding my favorite horse Dusty on my birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment