Friday, March 4, 2011

A visit to Rexburg



The weekend of February 18-19th we went up to Rexburg to visit Aaron's grandparents.  Aaron's grandpa  has cancer and we don't know how much longer he will be around.  He was at a care center recovering from a recent fall.   It was so good to visit with him and grandma!!   They hadn't seen Jared yet, so we had a good reunion.  We love his grandparents so much.  Aaron's aunt Renee and uncle Randy let us stay at their house, for which we are so grateful!






The kids had fun trying out Grandpa's electric recliner


After the visit with grandpa, we took a trip down memory lane and Ryan showed us around the BYU-Idaho campus, where he currently attends.   They have made many improvements since we went to school there over a decade ago.   It was fun for me to think back on my college days,  the fun single life but also the stress of studying and hard work.   We had a lot of fun times there.   Aaron and I remembered our season of dating and courtship.  Part of me kind-of wished  I could go back, just for one day, and re-live that time of my life.  But, I am also glad to have moved on to where I am now.  I wouldn't trade places.   I am grateful for my experiences then that have influenced my life now.

After our tour around campus,  we got to take the kids swimming at the hotel where Aaron's parents were staying.  Anytime they can get in the water, they have a lot of fun.  

Jared's first time swimming- he's still unsure about it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking so much time to teach the kids how important family is by your example. Love the pictures. Love you guys too!!

    ReplyDelete