Thursday, December 30, 2010

December Events

On December 17th, Aaron and I celebrated our 11th anniversary.   We went down that night and dropped the kids off with my parents, who took them all to grandma's Christmas party.  (It seems like every year, because we were married the week before Christmas, there is always something going on.   Last year we didn't do anything for our anniversary so this year we wanted to do something extra nice.)  

We decided to go to THE ROOF,  the restaurant at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building.   We had a beautiful view of the temple from our table, and it was a delicious buffet.  We have never been there before and really enjoyed it.   We had a nice evening together.  We walked around temple square for a few minutes (it was freezing cold!) and then headed back to my parent's house.   


Come to find out while we were gone, Jared cried for over 2 hours straight, which is so unlike him.  I felt so bad.  I am thankful to my parents for letting us get out for a nice evening.   I hope they know we appreciate it.  I am thankful for eleven wonderful years with my amazing husband.   Marriage is so good when you both give everything to eachother and make your relationship a priority.  He is my best friend and I look forward to many more years together.   


 The next day we spent at my parents' house.  In the morning Aaron and I did some last minute shopping and went out to lunch with my brother Nathan and his wife Jordan.  They are a lot of fun to be with.   Mom and dad took our three older kids to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point and they absolutely LOVED it!!   They love spending time with their grandkids and I know the kids love it, too.  I am thankful my parents make such an effort to spend time with our kids.


That night, we had a special dinner,  our "last supper" together, before mom and dad would leave.  We made the traditional German favorite meal- Rouladin, Glaze, and Rotkohl, and it was delicious!!   We had a little devotional where we talked about Christmas memories and shared spiritual thoughts.  Then the kids opened a few gifts.   It was a great night together.    The following Tuesday, my parents flew out to Vietnam for their 18 month mission.   We will miss them a lot.  It was hard to say goodbye, but not so hard in another way because I know it will go by fast and they will be on the Lord's errand.   I'm proud of you mom and dad, and excited for this opportunity for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment