Friday, January 6, 2012

Making our own fun

The other day Erika and Kyle were busy playing together in Kyle's room and finally came out to announce, "Mom and Dad, we have a surprise for you!"   This sign was posted on the door:


(Notice the words "parents free" are crossed out in red.)  We thought it was very creative so Aaron and I each went and found a few quarters for the kids to put in their banks.  Who wants a free "plain-old-regular" massage when you can get a "super duper massage" for 50 cents?   So Aaron and I laid out on the bed while the kids gave us our "Super Duper massage".  It was relaxing, and in another way pretty comical.   I had Kyle as my masseuse and he pretty much just did whatever Erika did.  Aaron and I got a good laugh out of it anyway.  


The weather has been so uncharacteristically warm this year and the kids were outside playing in the backyard like it was spring.  Jared found himself a nice little nook to hide away in.   I thought it was adorable!  

3 comments:

  1. LOL! What cuties! I love the massage business! What an awesome memory. And I love Jared's nook. I used to do the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is darling. Please tell Erika and Kyle I can't wait for the super duper massage when I come to visit.
    I love Jared's "tent".
    WHAT FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take a super duper for 50 cents next time I am over as well.

    ReplyDelete