Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Husband the Handyman

Okay, so when I married Aaron, I knew he was a wonderful guy.  But,  the longer we are married, the more he surprises me.  Fortunately, most of those surprises are good.   The longer I am married to Aaron, the more I learn about him, and that's fun!   And, the more I learn about him, the more I grow to love him.
Anyway,  this winter he has gotten busy on a bunch of projects around our home.   I have been so amazed and impressed with his handyman skills.  Even more impressive to me is the fact that he wasn't born with them, and they don't even come naturally for him.   He has really gotten out of his comfort zone even since we were married and made it a goal to learn how to do things on his own.   I am just so proud of him!   Okay, enough babbling and I'll show you the pictures....


Two summers ago, Aaron built this two-car garage in our backyard.  This is his workshop/ truck and toy shelter.  He did an incredible job, I think.  Since the weather has been cold and there is less to do outdoors (especially without snow) he had been busy sheet rocking and organizing his garage.   Now, that's some man cave!  

 I also never knew when I married Aaron that he cared so much about things being organized.  Wow- I thought I was an organization freak, but I guess I'm not.


I wish I had the before pictures but forgot to take one.  Since we will be moving some bedrooms around within the next few months due to our new addition,  Aaron went ahead and built some organizing shelves in two of the downstairs bedroom closets.  He just came up with it all on his own.   I helped a little- speckling, caulking, and masking, and he did the rest.  


Then Aaron got out in our garage and built a large shelf in the back corner for other big things in our garage to make some room.  


And, last but not least,  we were so sick of the clutter of bikes all over in the way so he made a bike rack out of wood for the side of our garage.  I was really happy about this.  Now we just hope that the kids will use it  :)
I realized the other day that not many things make me happier than a good honey-do list done.  The other day Aaron dropped everything and did all my honey-do's.   I was one happy honey.  So, I can't help but brag a little.  I never knew I married such a handyman but boy is he ever!  

5 comments:

  1. Great job Aaron. I am super impressed. NOT surprised at all !! Very cool and AMBER... thanks for documenting it along the way. It's so fun to see the improvements. What a sense of accomplishment. What a great example to your children of the blessings of work and the labor of love for the good of the family.
    Sure love each of you. Thanks for your examples!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of projects and they all look awesome! The only thing that would make it better is if Andy were close enough to have helped him! We sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would definitely make it better!! We miss you guys too!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your bike rack on Pinterest, and I'm intrigued! Can you share any more pictures or dimensions? I love the design.

    ReplyDelete