Friday, June 15, 2012

Welcome Little One!


We are so excited to welcome the latest addition to our family.  
His name is Jordan Cleon Parkinson.   He was born on Friday June 8th, 2012, at 5:41 pm.  
He weighed 7 lbs, 9 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long.  

I was so blessed to have a pretty good pregnancy with no complications or major challenges.   One thing that was a little different for me this time was that I made more of an effort to "take it easy" at the end in an effort to not go into labor early again.  I had Jared at 36 wks 5 days, which is not extremely early, I just wanted to try to "make it" to at least 37 wks this time.   (Plus I had a lesson to teach in Relief Society that week and really wanted to do it)  So, after my lesson, at 37.2 weeks, I said, "Okay, I can go into labor now!" That week I went ahead and did anything I wanted.  I played kick soccer and went on walks with the kids, weeded the flower beds and the garden, cleaned the van.... etc.   It was great!   I have always gone into labor in the middle of the night, so every day after that I would wake up and say, "Well, I'm still here and I haven't gone into labor.  What can I get done today?"  It was a great week.    
Then, on Friday morning I had my 38 week Dr apt.  I had been 2 cm at my 36.5 week checkup, so knowing my past history, the Doctor said if I made it to that appointment, I should just bring my hospital bag in case he decided to keep me there.   Well, Aaron came with me to that appointment and sure enough, I was 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  I had been having contractions  off and on the last few weeks, but nothing really remarkable.  This was really no indicator, though, and very similar to my previous labors.  I am always kind-of in a daze and asking the question, "When am I supposed to really hurt?"  and "Are you SURE I am in labor?"   But, I wasn't going to make the mistake I made when Heidi was born and didn't get the epidural until it was too late because I wanted to "really appreciate it."  And I did.  

Well, he sent me upstairs to Labor and Delivery to have my baby and about 7 hours later, at 5:41 pm, he was born.  It was a good experience and everything went well.  (As you can see from the picture below as I am enjoying my popsicle while waiting for things to progress.)

Add caption
One thing that was different this time was that we waited to find out if it was a boy or a girl.  Having two of each at home made this a lot easier.  I had absolutely no idea which one it would be.  After having several weird dreams in which the baby was wearing different colors of clothing, we decided the Lord did not want to reveal the gender to us beforehand.   When we found out he was a boy, we were overjoyed!





Our sweet little boy did so well.  He came out pink and crying and looking so good.  My first thought when I saw him was, "Wow- he looks just like Jared!"  I think I said the same thing when Jared was born, too.  You can definitely tell he belongs in our family!  So far he has been a great eater and has been gaining weight well.  



Oma and Opa brought the kids to the hospital the next day to see the baby.   They were all really excited to see and hold their new little brother.


Jared really had no clue about what was going on.  He recognized that mommy was holding a baby, but I don't know if he made the connection that it would be coming to our house.   I loved that his favorite part about being in the hospital was playing in the curtain in my room.  


I have to admit, I really like staying in the hospital (for a happy event like this).  They treated me so well there.  It was just nice to have a couple of days to recover and I took full advantage of it!  I love having them bring me my meals and being able to take lots of naps.  The second night, I had them take the baby and feed him a bottle and I took a sleeping pill.  I slept great!  It was a great decision, as I knew I was in for many months of sleepless nights.  



Getting ready to bring our little guy home

Cute and cozy-  All ready for the ride home!

We have enjoyed having a new little spirit in our home.  The kids are fascinated by him and love to just look at him or hold him.   We know he is very special and are so grateful for the opportunity of raising him!  

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He's very cute. We didn't find out what we were having with our last one and it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling little guy. Can't wait to hold and kiss and love. What fatty little cheekts... YUM... BY the way AMBER... It's pretty disgusting you looks sooooo great right after having a baby. WHAT'S up with that??
    And the proud papa... very cute... I remember the day YOU were born. Pretty crazy.
    We feel so blessed to have another healthy sweet spirit in our family.
    Can't wait to see all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad everything went well! Who knew that he would be the one that would break the gender pattern! He's adorable! I think he looks a bit like Jared too. Hope you are doing well. You look great, especially just after pushing a baby out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great article, we are so happy to know all we well and little jordon is in such a wonderful home.
    love you, MOM and DAD michel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Jordan is adorable, but we all knew he would be! You family is so cute and you all look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that first picture of you, your husband and Jordan! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete