Monday, October 1, 2012

Box Elder County Fair

Jared and Heidi LOVING the train ride (Can you tell Jared is having fun?  
 That is the face he makes when he's enjoying the ride...)
We had such a great time at the County fair this year just going on the rides.  It has been several years since we have been to any theme parks like Lagoon or Disneyland so this is an easy substitute for a fun night out.   One thing we love about the fair is that it is a lot cheaper and our kids are still small enough that they don't really need a full day of rides at an expensive theme park.  On Wednesdays at the fair it is family day so every ride is a dollar.  This might seem like a lot, and it can add up, but if each child gets to go on 4 or 5 rides, it still turns out being a lot cheaper than Lagoon, without the travel or the stress of an all-day excursion.  


I got to go on one ride with the kids- I call it the "egg scrambler", similar to the one at Lagoon.   Aaron got a great shot of us having a blast on the ride!  Kyle liked it so much, he had to go again with Aaron:


Can you tell they are having fun?   Heidi and Erika are trying to be so stoic.



I find it a little comical that after all that excitement,  the little ones end up crying- not because they are not having fun, but because they want more!  The ironic thing is that it has the opposite effect on mom and dad.  It's like when I push Jared on the swing.  He ALWAYS, without fail, cries when I take him out.  He just doesn't want the fun to end.  So I think, "So why did I take you, then?"  Then I remember the way he was beaming on the carousel and the car ride and decide it was still worth it.  


After a little cotton candy and a lot of silliness, Jared is feeling much better, even though he has to sit with me and wait for the rest of the family on the Ferris Wheel.  

1 comment:

  1. I love the pix of Jared's mood swings! Nothing a little sugar won't cure! Too cute!










    o

    ReplyDelete