Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Brigham City Temple Open House



Brigham City Temple


On August 20th, we had the opportunity of going to the Brigham City Temple Open House.  We have been anticipating this day for  a long time now.  This temple will be OUR temple- the closest one we now have to our house, only about 20 min. away.   What a beautiful place it is!  I was in awe of the architecture- the hand carved and hand-painted moldings, murals, chandeliers, furnishings-  It is just so beautiful!!   More beautiful than the structure itself is the spirit felt within those walls.  It was not yet dedicated, but there was still a special feeling there.  I know my children could feel it as they walked through.  


Just after our tour, Aaron had the opportunity of ushering at the temple.  He got to stand out in the parking lot and point people in the right direction with a big welcoming smile.  It was a great experience for him, but a long day on his feet.  


A few weeks later, Aaron and I had the opportunity of ushering inside the temple together.  We were so blessed to have this chance- a friend had this assignment from their ward and was unable to attend.  I was also so thankful that my mom was able to come up and watch the kids while we did this.   It was an experience I will never forget.  I was able to spend about 2 hours in the Celestial Room, 1 1/2 in the sealing room, and the rest in the Telestial room.  One of the neatest things was just watching the peoples' faces as they entered the rooms and saw (and felt) the beauty there.  All I really did was smile and answer any questions, but what I wanted to do was just bear my soul to them, to share my testimony of this gospel and the power of temples.  Hopefully some of them could feel it, or at least see it in my eyes.  As I was standing in the sealing room, watching family after family come in and look into the mirrors that go on forever, reflecting on eternity, I was overcome by the spirit.  This is what "happily ever after" is really all about. We want to be with our families forever, united in love that goes on after this life.  I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be a part of this great work!  


Here are some pictures of the temple I got from the Herald Journal website:
Brigham City Temple
Instruction Room

Brigham City Temple
Baptismal Font
Brigham City Temple
Sealing Room
Brigham City Temple
Celestial Room
Bride's Room

1 comment: