Monday, December 30, 2013

The Return of the Glass Slipper




Right after school let out, Erika and Kyle had the opportinity of trying out for the play "The Return of the Glass Slipper" with the Garland Children's Charity Theatre.  This would be Erika's FOURTH time performing with them.  I was really happy that Kyle decided to try out and see how he liked it.  He and Erika both ended up being townspeople this year and it actually worked out really well that way.  I was glad they got to be together most of the time.  The practices were pretty intensive throughout the summer, I guess because the townspeople were in most of the scenes.  They practiced twice a week from 9-12 almost every week!  It was good for them to have something productive to do during the summer and with the nice weather they were able to ride their bikes to and from practices. 

What a great experience!  I really enjoyed watching the two of them perform.  They were fantastic! 




I signed up to help with the cast party this year, and that was fun! 
I got to play some games with the kids and hang out with them backstage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment