Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Jared's 4th birthday


On May 19th, we celebrated Jared's birthday.  It was a simple but nice day spent with our family.  The morning of his birthday after we sent the older kids off to school, Jared, Jordan and I went running with the stroller.  Jared didn't want to ride in the stroller- he wanted to run too.  So, I let him go for as long as he could.  I was amazed to see that he could run about 1 and 1/4 miles.  Of course, we went quite a bit slower than I normally run, but he ran that whole distance.  I actually think he could've run longer but I finally said, "Ok, time for mommy to run- get in the stroller!"  Mornings running with the boys are so nice.   I usually go about 4 miles, just jogging around the streets of Garland and enjoying the morning sounds.  


After I showered, we went to the grocery store and got Jared some balloons for his birthday.  He got one with "Lighning McQueen" on it, of course.   Right now Jared is so into "Cars 2" and talks about it all the time.   He wanted a "Holly Shiftwell" cake so I did my best to make one.  This was more like a "Cars 1" cake, but oh well.   Holly Shiftwell arrived in the mail that day, just in time to put her on the cake.  She was the main present Jared wanted.  (Almost every present he got was purchased online- mommy's best friend).  He also got a lightsaber, some cars, and a cars umbrella, and some books.  




That evening for Jared's birthday, he wanted pizza.  So, we made homemade pizza with our family and watched "Cars 2".  It was a great day!  

On Wednesday, 2 days after Jared's birthday,  we had a casual "birthday picnic/playdate" with a bunch of moms and kids from the neighborhood.   We brought around invitations and then people just showed up to our backyard for some play time and brought a picnic lunch.   It was a good excuse for a bunch of moms to get together and visit and allowed the kids some social time, too!  


We love our Jared!!  He is such a fun boy, so full of life and excitement.  I love having him home with me.  He is quite the character.  He is usually so intense- either one way or the other.   He keeps life exciting for us!  


No comments:

Post a Comment