Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fourth of July

                                   





We spent the fourth of July this year down in Salt Lake with my family.

My sister was coming up from California and we only get to see them a couple times a year so it's a big deal to see them!   Erika and Kyle had been anxiously awaiting spending time with their cousins.    We spent a couple nights at my parent's house for the fourth of July and then the rest up at the cabin.  

We had a great 4th of July, starting with the traditional neighborhood parade in the morning and then swimming in the pool in the afternoon.  We had a BBQ with all my siblings that evening and just hung out.  
Cousins and crawdads, what could be better?

Jared's highlight for the trip was definitely catching crawdads!!  He was in HEAVEN catching them and then playing with them for the rest of the day.  He was so excited he could hardly contain himself!!
I could not believe Heidi was brave enough to pick up a crawdad,
but she DID!   And she looks pretty happy about it, too!  

We spent an evening down at the lake- riding the boat, jet-skis, and just playing on the shore.  I actually had a pretty fun time driving around on the Jet-ski.  I was a little nervous at first as I have never driven one on my own before.  It took a little warming up to, but then I got braver and braver!   The kids sure had fun, too!!  The weather was great!
Row, Row, Row your pontoon, gently down the lake......
Digging in the sand-  Woe, Jordan!   Watch out with that huge shovel!!
Erika and Lucy got to ride with aunt Jordan
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment