Sunday, August 23, 2009

Young Women's Camp






I had the chance to go to Young Women's camp in July. It was my first time since I was actually a young woman over 12 years ago. Young Women's camp was one of the best experiences for me as a youth. I am the personal progress coordinator in my ward so I was in charge of getting some personal progress done with the girls. I interview them to keep track of their progress and have a monthly activity to help them pass it off. We had camp at Cinnamon Creek over by Paradise, UT near Logan. It was so much fun!! Being a YW leader has been really fulfilling for me. It is fun to share my testimony with them and to go and just have FUN! I made a "Return to Virtue" flag which they all signed. We carried it up on our hike and posted it at the top of the mountain. We hiked to "Rosy's Mine" and walked through it, which was a cool experience. There was a shortage of flashlights and so we had to help eachother see. It made me think about the gospel and how we are there to help eachother through the dark times. I put together a really fun treasure hunt about virtue and I felt like this really sunk in with the girls. They were so hot and at the end they got a cold treat :) I celebrated my birthday the last morning of camp (I hit the big 30 and was feeling kind-of OLD). When I came home from camp, in a way I also felt kind-of young again. I was not afraid to laugh and have fun with the girls and that's what made it so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment