Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Love to See the Temple!






Back in June we had the opportunity to go to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house and that was a great experience for our family. Aaron and I hooked up with our good friends Andy and Sarah and went with them. We also attended a session with them in the new Draper temple, which is also so amazing! The temple was so crowded that night that it was hard to get everyone in! I just love this work and the way it draws people in who are trying to find peace in their lives. Aaron and I had the opportunity of going to the Draper temple dedication (actually in the temple) while our kids stayed with Oma and Opa (which was so wonderful of them!) It was really neat. The temple is such an amazing place and there is an undeniable spirit there. I would have never imagined how many temples would be coming up now. As a youth, I had the chance to attend ONE temple open house- the Bountiful temple. My children have already had the opportunity to go through 3 of them! I expect there will be more. In the past two years, our family has had the chance to go to the Rexburg temple, Twin Falls temple, and now the Oquirrh Mtn temple open house. What a great opportunity for my children to walk through those hallowed walls and to feel something special there. I know Erika felt a special spirit as we walked through this one and it was really neat. We talked about the altar and about how couples and families can be sealed there. She said, "Yeah, and I'm definitely getting married there!" I am so glad that my children have a love for the temple. Aaron and I have also had the opportunity to team teach the temple-prep class in our ward together. I'm thankful for the motivation I have had through this to learn more about the temple and to explore and share my feelings about it. I want the temple to be a focus for our family.

2 comments:

  1. Amber and Aaron thank you for the wonderful ways you are teaching our grandchildren. What amazing parents you are.... Erika, Kyle and Heidi are truly blessed as are Dad and I. WE LOVE YOU BEYOND WORDS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I've never been to an open house yet, what a neat expiernce!

    ReplyDelete