Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween







We had a great time this Halloween. Erika decided she wanted to be a mummy for Halloween so I made her costume. It ended up being a bigger project than I thought it would be so I was up until 11 pm the night before, gluing and cutting. She got to wear her costume for the Garland Elementary parade the day before Halloween and it was fun to go and watch her at the school. It is fun to see all the kids dressed up and having a good time. Erika ended up winning an award at the end of the day for "The Best Mummy in the School". Yeah!!! (There was more than one mummy- I promise.)
Kyle wanted to be a skeleton this year so I made him a costume and he got to wear it to preschool the Thursday before for a little Halloween party. I was going to paint the bones with "Glow-in-The-Dark" paint but got too busy and so he wasn't quite as cool as he could've been but I don't think he cared.
Heidi, of course, was an adorable bunny and just happy to wear whatever we put on her. She was smiling so big. (I think she knew she looked dang cute and wasn't afraid to flaunt it).
Halloween night, we went out as early as we could and the kids had so much fun, they didn't want to go home, even though it was well past bedtime. We have a great trick-or-treating neighborhood with most everyone home and people we know so it makes things easy. Also, the weather was simply wonderful. We brought Lucky along and he had fun saying "Hello" to many new people. Aaron and I took shifts with the kids and each took a block. I took Heidi in the stroller and she kept climbing in and then wanting to get out at every door. (This made it a long process!) At our house, we had over 100 trick-or-treaters and hardly much time to sit down in-between. It was a great night. My favorite part was just how excited my kids were to get out, especially when they saw all the candy.

4 comments:

  1. Darling. I missed being there in person so this is a close second.... Aboslutely daring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Costumes! Good for you to make them, I think they mean so much more that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cuties! And I'm not at all surprised Erika won best mummy in school! Look at that thing! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on the costumes - the skeleton is great! They all are, but I know you were working on that one when we were over there :). I am glad the weather was great and they had fun :) I love Halloween too :)

    ReplyDelete