Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Heidi!


We celebrated Heidi's fourth birthday on May 25th.  I made her a butterfly cake because she loves butterflies.  Heidi is my "cuddlebug".  She loves to cuddle with me at bedtime and to have me give her "butterfly kisses".  She also really likes the song "Butterfly Fly Away" by Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus.  She will sing along to it.  Aaron says that is the perfect song for her because it is so quiet and gentle, like her personality.  We love our little Heidi!!  I can't believe she is four years old already.  It has gone by fast.  She has progressed so much in the last year, which has been a relief for us.  Like a little butterfly, she is progressing at her own rate until someday she will spread her wings and fly just like a beautiful butterfly. 

One of the gifts Heidi got was a bubble maker.  After we had cake, we went out in the backyard and turned it on.  The kids had so much fun running around on the grass, catching and popping bubbles.  I think this was the highlight of Heidi's birthday.  She was so excited!  Ah, the simple joys of childhood!




No comments:

Post a Comment