Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Halloween 2011


We had a fun Halloween this year.  The kids were really excited about their costumes and dressing up.   I put a lot of work into making Erika into a ROBOT.   It was funny because she wore this costume to the ward party on Oct 28th and could not reach her mouth with her hand, so we had to help her eat.  


Kyle had fun being a mummy on Halloween.  Doesn't he look creepy?  He likes the spooky ones.  
This was his first year at the Elementary school so he got to be in the Halloween parade, which he was so excited about.  


I put together a "Halloween Costume Exchange" this year through the Relief Society, which went pretty well.  Anyone who had extra costumes from previous years could bring them and then choose from what was there.  I figured this could be a blessing for anyone who would have otherwise had to go out and buy a costume that only gets worn once.  I have a huge tub of costumes stored away as I'm sure most people do.   This was nice for me, too, so that some of the younger kids didn't have to be the same thing their siblings were in the past.  

A "care bear",  perfect for my little Heidi.  
 She got to wear her costume to school for a
Halloween party and was so excited!
Jared was a little mouse.   He knows he is cute.  
 The kids had a lot of fun trick-or-treating this year and even more fun eating the candy afterward!
                                          
                                               All four of them anxiously waiting to go trick-or-treating.  

2 comments:

  1. The Robot and mummy costumes turned out so good! All of your kids look so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darn cute....
    Erika gramma wants to borrow your costume... maybe if my arm couldn't reach my mouth I could lose some weight.
    The mummy Kyle costume is the BEST in the parade. Scary and I wouldn't have know it was you Kyle. Very cool!
    And our little care bear Heidi..what a fitting costume for you!!
    Jared, I have a terrible fobia about mice but I am thinking I could hug and kiss and squeeze this mouse without hesitation. SOOOO much fun.
    Thanks Amber!!

    ReplyDelete